The boutique winery “Domain Trifonoff” has been established in 2008 in Pesnopoy Village, Kaloyanovo Municipality, Plovidv Province. The village is situated on the main road from Plovdiv to Karlovo before the town of Banya and 12 km from the SPA resort Hisarya. In the period of 2008-2011 the winery is known as wine cellar “Pesen”.
As recommended by the famous marketing expert, doctor honoris causa Gerd Adolf, creator of the biggest wine exhibition in Europe – “ProWein” (Dusseldorf, Germany), in the beginning of 2012 the winery is renamed to “Domain Trifonoff” – on the name of its owner.
The architecture plans of the winery have been adopted from a family wine cellar in California, but there have been built in elements of the Hisarya fortress wall.
The concept of the winery involves the wine tourism development.
• The winery has the latest Italian technological equipment.
• The fermenators are made of stainless steel and meet all European and world requirements.
• The capacity allows the production of 100 tons of wine per year, or 130 000 bottles.
• The concept is to produce small batches of high quality wines.
• In 2008 there was the first grape processing campaign in the history of the winery.
• Season 2009 and 2011 were exceptionally favorable for the development of grapes, which allowed the production of high class wines.
• The wine cellar produces high quality wines, aged in oak barrels, made of oak from the Strandja Mountain.
• The quality and the purity of the wines are due to a special selection of grapes, harvested from own controlled vineyards, grown organically.
• The selection of grapes is carried out by controlling the fruiting of the vineyards right after the entering in the growth stage.
• The strict control of the sugar, the acid content and the condition of the grapes guarantee the production of high quality wine.
• The production is under the control of qualified technologists, specialized in France and Germany, and a professor at the University of Food Technologies, Plovdiv.
The wines of “Domain Trifonoff” have been rated on a scale of 100 points by a German marketing expert in the wine industry, doctor honoris causa Gerd Adolf, and have obtained a rating of 86 points, considering that the most expensive wines in the world have been ranked between 90 and 100 points.